Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Americans Entitled to Cheap Gas- Right?

The first impression I got after reading this article was how good we actually do have it here in the United States as far as gas prices go. I had no idea that gas prices were so expensive in other parts of the world. I thought all of the talk about the price of gas I hear everyday on the news must have meant the U.S. was paying way more than other countries but our prices are actually reasonable compared to others.
The article kind of made me feel guilty in a way because most of the things the author brought up are things i find myself doing all of the time. I drive an suv and I also eat fast food pretty often. However, I believe that she put all Americans under one stereotype of people who only drive big cars and suvs when really I have noticed many more small cars on the road lately. I also think that although she was trying to make a point about American culture by talking about Mcdonalds, it was kind of off subject since the focus of the article was suppose to be gas.
Overall, i enjoyed the article.

No comments: